A trove of varied pink ribbons ...

I relished my latest installation. I can't decide whether I enjoyed scouring Bunnings for the most appropriate base materials or, sourcing, cutting and pinning an innumerable number of beautiful, different toned and textured, pink ribbons, the most!

All in all, I loved every second of sculpting this huge breast cancer awareness ribbon for Orb Hair and Beauty's window on the corner of James St and Merthyr Rd, New Farm.

Orb Hair and Beauty are supporting Breast Cancer Awareness Month this July and this is an eye-catching statement piece to help promote the cause.

I sculpted the large 'ribbon' shape using brilliant metallic silver lengths of air-conditioning duct tubing. I sealed sections of the tubing together using superglue and jewellery clamps and also stitched certain joins (which ultimately would support the most weight) using 20lb fishing line.

Even though all of the individual elements were quite light in weight, the weight of the resultant work was significant and a challenge to hang but I got there and couldn't be happier with the glimmering result! I was thrilled to receive compliments from guests and passers-by too as I hung the work.

I am very grateful to Deb and her team at Orb for enabling to share my creativity with them all once again!

The stunning metallic silver air-conditioning duct tubes I used as the base.

The stunning metallic silver air-conditioning duct tubes I used as the base.

I sourced a beautiful selection of different pink coloured and textured ribbons to create the larger 'ribbon'.

I sourced a beautiful selection of different pink coloured and textured ribbons to create the larger 'ribbon'.

I pinned ribbons all over both sides of the tubing, taking care to balance sizes, tones and textures. I used hot glue to seal the pins in place so the weight of them wouldn't cause them to fall out. I depressed, slightly, the middle point where the tubes overlap so this section wouldn't be too bulky and potentially press-up against the window pane.

I pinned ribbons all over both sides of the tubing, taking care to balance sizes, tones and textures. I used hot glue to seal the pins in place so the weight of them wouldn't cause them to fall out. I depressed, slightly, the middle point where the tubes overlap so this section wouldn't be too bulky and potentially press-up against the window pane.

A close up of a section of tubing with pinned ribbons.

A close up of a section of tubing with pinned ribbons.

A big beautiful, sparkling ribbon in support of Breast Cancer Awareness Month!

A big beautiful, sparkling ribbon in support of Breast Cancer Awareness Month!